So, I didn’t quite get around to making that pinata cake, but I did get around to making these wonderful St. Patrick’s Day brownies. I came across this recipe 3-4 years ago wondering around World Market and get super excited about making the recipe every year!
I must be honest … these brownies are super rich and are more like fudge than brownies, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing! If you decide to make them, please comment below. I would love to know how yours turn out.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar superfine or granulated
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Guinness Extra Stout Beer at room temperature
- 8 oz dark bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips white (I prefer dark, so I substituted )
- 1 cup chocolate chips semisweet
- 1/8 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting (optional)
- Heat oven to 375. Line 9″ x 13″ pan with foil.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter , dark, and white chocolates over low heat and remove.
- Beat eggs and sugar on high for 3 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate and then flour to mixture.
- Whisk in Guinness. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into pan and drop semisweet chips evenly on top.
- Bake 25-30 minuste.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.